VIDEO: Hitting the Range With the Lionheart Regulus Alpha
Lionheart Industries is a Washington-based company best known for importing the LH9, a civilian version of the Daewoo K5 pistol used by South Korean armed forces for nearly three decades.
The company recently decided to offer up a souped up model called the Regulus. This gun, unlike the LH9, is made in the United States and features a number of upgrades.
Here’s a look at what’s new, via the product page:
Lionheart Regulus Features
– Tru-Axis Precision barrel in black, grey, or gold titanium nitride; Threaded or standard length
– 1911-style Novak sights. No more searching for options, there are plenty out there.
– Index notches on both sides of the frame. This greatly enhances grip repeat-ability.
– DA+ Indicator. Now knowing which mode the trigger is in can be determined at a glance.
– Elite Series Cerakote. A much higher-grade, tougher, and slicker coating.
– Double-Action Plus Trigger System. More on this is explained in the LH-9 article.
– 18-round extended magazines.
Our buddy Graham Baates recently hit the range with the Lionheart Regulus Alpha full-sized model. He started off his evaluation with a full-mag +1 basic reliability test. Then he tests the gun with Freedom Munitions’ Hush 165gr subsonic ammo; Remington HTP 147gr JHP; Hornady Steel Match 125gr; Hornady American Gunner 115gr XTP; Fiocchi 100gr 9SFNT; Geco 94gr; and Liberty Civil Trainer 65gr. He wraps up his assessment by doing a field accuracy test, shooting five rounds from seven yards out using Nosler Match Grade 124gr ammo.
Watch Graham’s shooting test above. Below, check out a tabletop review of the Lionheart Regulus Alpha, along with another video comparing the Regulus with the LH9.
“Graham Baates” is a pen name used by a 15-year active U.S. Army veteran who spent most of his time in the tactical side of the Intelligence community including tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Post-Army, Graham spent some time in the 3-Gun circuit before becoming a full-time NRA Certified defensive handgun instructor and now works as an industry writer while curating a YouTube channel on the side.
The post VIDEO: Hitting the Range With the Lionheart Regulus Alpha appeared first on Personal Defense World.